A solo indie title from Chris Parsons, Sol Trader is a genre-busting space simulation where it's not about what you know - it's who you know. In Sol Trader you trade not only goods but ships, components, minerals, favours, contacts and information too.
- Single-player combination of top down 2D spaceflight and strategic manipulation of your network of contacts
- Run missions using your family and friends' connections to government or business
- No ship given to you at game start: you must take a loan and hire a ship, or borrow one from a wealthy relative
- Fly between planets, interacting with the various characters you come across in cities and in space
- Research information on other characters through chatting to friends and relatives
- Customise your ship with better guns, engines, hyperdrives and passenger cabins
- Trade goods for profit
- Procedural generation of a whole society of thousands of random characters
- Start every new game from your character's birth
- Choose your parents and all your major life choices as you grow up
- Your choices determine your personality and your friends, relatives and enemies
- Full modding support: change all the organisations, events, weapons, planets, ships, conversations and tutorial system.