A Hole In Space is a slow-paced space simulation game. You take control of a small black hole, which roams through an universe created by parameters you choose.
The movement is slow and sluggish, because everything moves by forces. The time you need to accelerate is the same time you need to decelerate. Therefore, it is not advisable to try to fly with max speed.
The amount of time you need to absorb the whole universe depends on how many stars you want in your universe. Your universe can have from 100 up to 10 million stars, but only if your PC can handle it.
You lost the game, if any black hole absorbs you. This will happen if you get to close to them with a lesser mass.
- Every universe is unique due to procedural generation.
- Nevertheless, use the seed to share your universe with others.
- You can create up to 100 galaxies in your universe and therefore up to 100 supermassive black holes in their center.
- The galaxies can either be static or dynamic, which means they either stay in place or attracting each other.
- The whole universe can contain up to 10 million stars, but only if your PC can handle it.
- You can turn the gravity of stars on or off. If this is off, the performance will drop linear with the amount of stars. Otherwise it will drop squared. Therefore the max amount of stars will be reduced to 100K.
- The stars can either start with zero velocity or with the first cosmic velocity, which means they will fly in an orbit around the center black hole.
- There are 6 different galaxy forms to explore: Random, Circle, Sphere, Spiral-2-Arms, Spiral-4-Arms, Spiral-8-Arms
- Switch between the player black hole and galaxy camera to get a greater view of the universe.