I Shall Remain is an Action and Survival Role-playing game developed by Scorpius Games. Situated in an alternate history at the end of the Second World War, when Nazis managed to release a deadly virus over US territory, the game tells the story of two brothers and their intricate relation with the apocalyptic world rising in the leftovers of the Z0M81 Pandemic ravage. The player is invited to take the lead and discover the truth about the infection and the future of the human race. The presentation takes the form of an old movie presentation where the player is invited to take the lead and discover the truth about the infection and the future of the human race.
I Shall Remain is a story driven game, uses a dynamic real-time Day/Night system to put everything in context, and a Weather system to enhance the mood and influence the way you play the game. Together with our Discussion/Dialog system and the way decisions are implemented define an important step towards being as realistically as possible.
- Weapons - The weapons in I Shall Remain are grouped in categories. We have melee weapons (knives, baseball bats, planks, crowbars), small weapons (pistols, submachie guns), rifles (shotguns, different kinds of rifles) and heavy ones (heavy machine guns, flamethrower, bazooka). The total number of weapons is over 30 with each weapon having at least 4 levels of configuration each level giving you different effects the weapon can have over the enemies and yourself when used or equipped. Ammo can as well be imbued with serum for additional damage.
- Throwables - Aside weapons the player can throw grenades and plant mines for infected to step on and explode.
- Pickables and explosives - The player can also pickup certain objects like barrels, crates and even other NPCs to carry and help. Some of the objects while not necessarily pick-able (some barrels are both packable and explosive) can be shot and they will explode allowing you to kill lots of infected without using resources. while others can be used to barricade yourself in small confined spaces.
- Controllables - From time to time the game offers the player the possibility to enter tanks or other vehicles and use their weapons to defend himself or a larger area. Is up to the player to decide whether to use them or not and for how long.
- Buildings - Many unique buildings throughout the city to explore, each you can use differently, find cover in or loot. There's a level of risk associated with entering an unknown building as well so you should be careful when doing so.
- Character progression - In I Shall Remain the player gains experience as a result of taking actions. Each action in game, whether is shooting a monster, repairing a weapon or simply running will award the player with experience points in attributes and skills. The way you play the game will define what kind of character you are.
- Doctrines - In I Shall Remain doctrines enable your character to improve your attributes and skills or give you new abilities. Each doctrine could be upgraded each upgrade increasing doctrine’s effects or even add new ones. Currently there's as much as 100 doctrines in the game.
- Economy - Serum is the center pylon of the game economy system and the exchange currency. Within the game there are various traders that you can interact with by selling or buying items such as weapons, doctrines, medical kits, water, ammunition, scraps, ammo and lantern batteries. Certain traders will also offer you special kind of services (buy ammo, increase your skills level or advance skill ranks).
- Quests - Like mostly everything in I Shall Remain, quests tend to resemble real-life scenarios thus everything is in to serve the purpose of the world and the story. That being said, most quests in I Shall Remain are story related but perhaps as much as 50% don’t relate to the main story branch. That's why, defining detailed side quests and stories became an important tool for us to allow the player to immerse himself into the game world and make it more believable.
- Dialogs - The Discussion/dialog system in I Shall Remain is fully dependent on your choice thus drastically shaping the way your experience develops. Whole side story branches might never be touched if the player chooses not to.
- Infection - The Virus is actually the main villain in the game. Everything happens because of it and you will have to deal with it on a daily basis. You cannot cure it but you can always reduce it so it won’t affect your skills and your character performance. For that not to happen though, you will always need to have a steady flow of Serum.
- Tiredness - Tiredness determines how much fatigue your character gathered, increased levels of tiredness affecting your health and stamina regeneration rate as well as your chances of aiming correctly. Make sure you always take time to regularly rest inside a building out of any outside influence the weather being the main factor for it.