The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness. Monitor your Condition, search for life-saving supplies, and master survival skills like fire-building, maintaining your gear, hunting, fishing, and landmark-based navigation. There are no zombies -- only you, the cold, and everything Mother Nature can throw at you. The hit Steam Early Access sandbox becomes the first survival game available on Xbox One!
- Front Seat to the End of the World: Immersive first-person exploration gameplay featuring a stunning, original art style. Take on the role of bush pilot Will Mackenzie, and navigate the savage beauty of the Northern Wilderness while you face the hazards of the new “post-digital” frontier.
- Survive By Your Wits Alone: Be on the lookout for potential supply caches, all the while using survival skills to overcome hazards introduced by harsh weather, wildlife, lack of food and water, other survivors, and the mysterious aurorae that add unpredictability to an already extreme situation.
- Survival of the Fittest: Deep survival simulation gameplay where every decision matters. Explore a large open world in search of resources, and balance Conditions such as Hypothermia, Starvation, Dehydration, and a bevy of afflictions and injuries that can take you down, from Blood Loss to Dysentery.
- Will You Be Saviour or Survivor?: Morally challenging scenarios that push players to answer the question: “How far will you go to survive?”. Any survivor you meet in the world can be friend or foe. Will you risk your life to discover what they know and selflessly sacrifice for the common good, or live—and potentially die—by the adage, “might makes right”?
- Master the Survival Sandbox: Experience dozens of hours of free-form Survival Sandbox gameplay. Push yourself and your skill to survive as long as possible in a variety of survival scenarios, across a large open world. Balance your resources against the threats posed by mother nature, and by other AI survivors you meet along the way.
- Explore Rich Storytelling in a Living World (Full Release): Rich episodic fiction featuring dozens of locations, a cast of memorable characters, and a mature post-disaster storyline inspired by the creative risk-taking seen in many of today’s exciting television series. This isn’t the end of the world, but you can see it from here.