How to activate:
- Log in or register HERE.
- Download and install the iLok License Manager.
- Activate the received key.
- In case of any problems with activation, follow the instructions from THIS website.
All buttons in, all the time - Smasher is an unprecedented custom modification of the classic Urei 1176 compressor circuit, a unique formula that we stumbled upon while fine-tuning other algorithms.
The original 1176 compressor hardware offered a selection of four ratios, but studio engineers soon discovered that pressing them all at once led to a distorted, explosive and highly compressed sound. It’s this “All buttons in” or “British” mode that Smasher was painstakingly designed to recreate.
While remaining very close to the original circuitry, the modifications we’ve built into Smasher will add definition to transients and make your tone more aggressive. We love using it to enhance the ambience in drum busses, but there are many more creative uses too. Smasher won’t work on every single track, but where it does, it works magic.
Smasher excels at raw and gritty sounds, calling to mind bands like Vulfpeck, The Whitefield Brothers and The Black Keys.
- Topology Preservation Technology - our proprietary modelling technology guarantees a perfect emulation of the original 1176’s behavior. From the saturation of the magnetic flux in the inductors, to the precise response of the transistors and the tiny calibration effects, everything is perfectly reproduced.
- Parallel compression - Smasher’s Mix knob lets you blend in the original unprocessed signal. This means that you can really squash the transients with extreme compression, then bring back just a hint of the processed signal to add sustain to a sound without compromising its dynamic qualities.
- Linked sidechain - on a stereo bus, channels are usually compressed independently to get smoother control of dynamics… but when you’re compressing audio more brutally, it’s essential to keep the stereo image stable. That’s why Smasher uses a single detector to process a stereo track.
- Low CPU consumption - we’ve spent ages optimizing Smasher to consume as few system resources as possible while keeping the same complex sonic results. Smasher takes full advantage of modern CPUs to do more with less, but also allows oversampling at rates up to 384kHz.