NETHER...IS...BACK! We have rolled back the game to Summer of 2014 when it first left Early Access and was still being developed by us, Phosphor Games Studio.
- Single Player enabled: It was not possible before, but now it's working, and it's hard! Have fun surviving the monster-filled urban apocalypse alone.
- No more micro-transactions: all items can be bought with in-game cash.
- Multiplayer via player hosted servers! The old backend ripped out - no need for any login besides Steam. You control your community, and nobody can take your game from you again.
WHAT IS IN DEVELOPMENT
- Custom server settings: you decided how many players, how many Nether, how much gun spawns, etc.
- Modding tools!
- Bug fixes (including playing as a Nether, which was always pretty buggy
- Nether is a fast-paced survival game that forces you to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment. In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as 'Nethers'. These creatures and the other players are real challenges to overcome, requiring tactical gameplay, awareness, stealth, and cooperation. To navigate this high-tension environment, you must use skill and cunning in order to scavenge, trade, craft or loot for food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to stay alive in a desolate and dangerous city. Team up with other survivors and take advantage of group play, as a tribe, to complete treacherous world objectives, or play as a lone wolf in an attempt to endure the hostile environment. In the end, you must decide whether to Prey or Pray.