Sin Slayers is an RPG with roguelike elements set in a dark fantasy world, where your choices determine how challenging the fights and enemies will be.
Create, equip and lead a team of heroes. Each unit will have its own abilities and weaknesses, so plan your combat strategy accordingly. You’ll journey through stinking primeval forests, boneyards riddled with crypts and the graves of fallen warriors, and other places even the bravest adventurer would fear to tread.
Battles, traps, and bizarre enemies... Everything and everyone wishes to take your life, but don't succumb to despair. Between fights your party can take their rest at a fountain, or while on the road in an old church which leaves its doors open to the weary and wounded.
Travel every path and byway of the Valley, obtain new weapons on the field of battle or by fulfilling quests, gather ingredients for magical elixirs and resources to craft armor and amulets. If a certain item is beyond your crafting ability, ask the blacksmith in the Old Church for help. The best gear will allow you to challenge the deadliest monsters.
- Build your squad: Gather your team. Equip them with weapons, armor, and amulets. Level up your abilities as you move forward. The Sin Lords must be slain.
- Classic turn-based combat: Sin Slayers features a classic turn-based combat system in the tradition of the best JRPGs, giving you free rein to pit your tactical skills against the wretched inhabitants of the Valley of Fallen Sinners.
- Feed your sins: Depending on your choices, the sinfulness of your team will go up or down. If it's high — expect tougher enemies. Whatever might be buried there, is it wise to desecrate those graves? Every decision you make matters, and on the road to the next Sin Lord you will have many opportunities to choose poorly.
- Generated locations: Every crusade against a Sin Lord will be unique as every location is randomly generated. Think you know everything there is to know about a fetid swamp? We promise there are new lessons to learn, though they may not be to your liking!
- Life after death: A dense, preternatural fog lays like stinking breath over black woods. What cursed hordes await? Vicious beasts, damned warriors, the undead, and worse chthonian horrors, all with an unslakable craving for new souls to perpetuate their own unnatural life.