In Sapiens you create your own prehistoric civilization. Lead your tribe from the ground, immersed in the world while you shape it. Build towns and industry with complete freedom and control, from placing the tiniest pebble to constructing monumental structures. Start with nothing and advance through thousands of years of technological breakthroughs in this intimate yet expansive colony sim.
- Choose Your Home - Pick from thousands of procedurally generated lands across a map larger than Earth itself. Choose wisely, as each area has different climates, resources, and challenges. Finding the right place to begin your home is key to growing your civilisation.
- Lead Your People - Walk the paths beside your people as you lead them through this uncharted world. Instruct individual sapiens to focus on specific tasks, such as planting crops, gathering materials, building, hunting, cooking, and more. Watch as they learn new skills, making them more valuable to your tribe. Manage their moods, health, and support their growing families.
- Find Resources - Find new resources and send your sapiens to investigate, leading to new breakthroughs which unlock new things to build and craft. Start with primitive materials and work your way up to using more advanced tools and techniques.
- Build A Civilization - Build shelters, both to keep your sapiens happy and to preserve food and resources. Every wall, roof, seat or fireplace can be placed individually. Each tree, log, plank or rock can be removed or situated, and the terrain can be dug, mined or filled to shape the world the way you want.
- Expand Your Reach - Send sapiens over long distances and establish camps to gather far away resources. Create transportation networks to bring those resources back to your base for processing or storage. Send a group to explore over great distances, or conduct a hunting mission. Take down a mammoth to feed and clothe your tribe for months, but know that you may lose some sapiens trying.