Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) is a sequel to one of the few real-time strategies on consoles. Set in the beloved Halo universe, Halo Wars 2 brings back the
Spirit of Fire crew after decades spent in cryosleep. Co-developed by the veteran studio Creative Assembly, Halo Wars 2 once again challenges the idea that RTS games can't work on consoles.
- Spirit of Fire returns: When you have last seen the Spirit of Fire, it was a long time before the war against the Covenant concluded. Now the UNSC warship comes back to a changed world exactly when a new faction within the Covenant rises up, led by a warlord called Atriox. The two forces collide on a Forerunner installation, full of resources and ancient technology that birthed the eponymous Halo rings.
- Fully-featured online multiplayer: The multiplayer modes of Halo Wars 2 (Game) will be a treat for both experienced players and newcomers to the genre. Three of the announced multiplayer modes, Deathmatch, Domination, and Strongholds are a serving of extermination and point-capture modes familiar to the genre veterans.
- The Blitz mode: For those who feel intimidated by complex RTS mechanics the developers of Halo War 2 have prepared a Blitz mode, merging two distinct genres into an innovative and accessible mix. In Blitz the mechanics of CCG (Collectible Card Game) allow you to create units on the spot depending on the hand you have, turning the match into a matter of strategy and hand-building as much as tactical acumen. Earn new cards by completing objectives and have the best deck on the Ark.
- Integration with Windows: Halo Wars 2 has seamless account integration between Xbox One and Windows. As long as you have Internet access you get to start your campaign on console and finish it up later on your PC or laptop. Just sync your account and resume destroying your enemies where you left off. No progress lost.
- Lore-friendly: 343 Industries and Creative Assembly combed Halo lore for all units that are suitable for the available armies. Accurately recreated UNSC craft wait for deployment and the troops wield familiar weapons. The Banished expand the lore about the Brute species of the Covenant, adding depth and context to the previous Brute depictions in Halo media. Halo Wars 2 bridges the old and new, and show the state of the Halo universe mere months after the events of Halo 5: Guardians.