Battle Cry of Freedom brings brutal real-time first and third-person combat set in the 19th Century America, presenting players with the opportunity to re-fight the American Civil War as either the Union or the Confederacy.
Incorporating a wide range of weaponry, from long range rifled muskets and devastating artillery, to various deadly close combat tools such as bayonets, knives and sabres, players will take up the fight for the North or the South trying to win the day on the bloody battlefields of America.
- Fight in Massive Multiplayer Battles - take part in massive multiplayer battles with up to 500 players simultaneously fighting each other on the same battlefield, in a completely destructible and realistic Civil War combat environment.
- Commander Battles - take control over a company of AI-controlled soldiers and lead your men to glory! Fight in huge battles with up to 800 Bots per Server. Commander Battles are the ultimate gamemode to display your tactical cunning.
- Multiple Army Branches:
- Enlist in the Infantry - fall in line as a regular infantryman, join the ranks of an elite sharpshooter regiment, or help relay orders as a musician as you get to explore the various roles in the army and trial your favourite units.
- Serve in the Artillery - support your team from the rear and shatter enemy resistance as a gunner. Join the Heavy Artillery and use the 100pdr Parrott Rifle to lob shells over enemy fortifications with devastating effectiveness.
- Muster as a Specialist - enlist in the Engineer Corps and support your team by constructing defenses, building pontoon bridges and supplying ammunition. Or help stitch up wounds of badly wounded teammates by becoming a Surgeon.
- Large Weapon Selection - find your own playstyle! Smoothbores, Rifles, Pistols, Swords, Axes… With more than 120 unique weapons, 70 different types of ammunition and 20 different Artillery pieces, players have plenty of options to choose from.
- Charge - Bayonet - fix your Bayonet and call the charge. Defeat your enemies using the directional melee combat system inspired by games such as Mount&Blade: Warband, that is easy to learn but hard to master.