Heads Will Roll lets the player to take a role of an ordinary medieval soldier who finds himself in the middle of the legendary Hundred Years War between the kings of England and France. You start your way as a simple footman, whose sole ambition is to survive, but with proper skill and cunning or through blood and preservation, you might soon see yourself becoming one of the most famous knights of your time.
This game is a unique type of RPG with survival mechanics and turn-based combat that requires player to make careful decision both inside and outside the fight. The sophisticated combat system utilizes many different parameters including characters’ stats and attributes, familiarity and proficiency with certain weapons, weapon length, fatigue level, various traumas and injuries, as well as hundreds of different items and consumables.
- Loot it all - The game offers more than 150 different lootable items varying from all kinds of medieval weaponry and armor to trinkets with unique effects, several types of poisons, medical supplies and many crafting items.
- Face the consequences - All of the actions that your character takes will have in-game consequences. The NPCs will change their opinions of you depending on how you treat them and how you behave both inside and outside of battle. This in turn will enable or disable various future interactions with them and sometimes trigger special events.
- Crafting system - Make good use of any loot or supplies that you got your hands on. A lot of them can be combined in order to craft medical and utility items, as well as many types of crossbow ammunition.
- Big replayability - Heads Will Roll utilizes many random generation elements that will turn two separate playthroughs into two completely unique experiences. Start with different items and stats, face different enemies, make different choices and live through different events each time you play.
- Huge arsenal - The game has dozens of weapons ranging from swords, axes, maces and spears to throwing knives and crossbows. All of them have varying movesets that rely on and make use of different stats & skills (strength, agility etc.), while also having distinct features and countering each other in some way.
- All’s fair in love and war - Fight not only for wealth and honor but also for the hearts of several stunning beauties with unique personalities, views on life and tastes in men. Conquering some of them might prove to be just as tricky as surviving the war.