"The Superfluous" [soo-pur-floo-uh s] A cave-diving, sci-fi, rogue-lite, platformer with jet packs and lots of explosions. Help stop an apocalyptic asteroid on collision course with Earth. Lead a squad to the center of the asteroid and blast it into space dust.
- Rogue - Levels are randomly generated and get progressively harder as the player progresses through them. The player's goal is to defeat a boss to unlock the next biome.
- Perma-Death - for the individual characters, but they are cloned back to level 0 and can be used for other missions.
- Perma-Progress - any upgrades the player purchases or any checkpoints the player reaches are saved. If a mission fails all loot will be lost. The player must decide to leave the dungeon and keep their loot or continue to the next level.
- Co-Op - Play the campaign with a friend in local co-op.
- Arena Mode - Challenge up to 3 of you friends in a 4 player local arena mode (WIP).
- Platformer - side scrolling 2D platformer. The main locomotion of the player is walking and using a jet-pack. Attacking is done in two to four directions (depending on the weapon equipped).
- Squad Based - Never journey alone! Bring along several squad mates with different tools and weapons to help you dive deeper. Balance your squad with miners, healers, heavy weaponry and explosives.
- Destructible Terrain - mine and blow your way through the level to collect gems, create a shortcut, or gain an advantage over your enemies.
- Progression - As squad member kill enemies and clear cave sectors they gain XP. When they gain enough XP the go up a level and a random perk is assigned. These will be lost on death and can be changed for gold back at base.
- Three Biomes - explore the 'Dark Cave', 'The Underwater', or the 'Lava' biomes on your quest to save the world.
- Economy - Loot can be obtained in the form of Gold and Gems. Gold is used to buy new crew DNA (unlock characters) and re-rolling perks. Gems are used to upgrade your gear, the number of people in your squad, the starting health of characters, etc.
- Story - a fun, light story about the impending destruction of earth, bureaucracy, the military and sci-fi culture.