Asura is an indie, top-down, Hack 'n' Slash game set in a fantasy world inspired by the richness of Indian mythology. It features heavy rogue-like elements and a unique procedural skill tree which changes on every play-through. Reincarnated as a demon, use your new-found powers and hatred to invade the 'Pancha Dvora'- the five fortresses of the Daeva empire. Embark on a journey to exact your vengeance against Hasirama - The God-King, Maharaja, and Slayer of Innocents. Asura is inspired by rogue-like genre and is brutally difficult but FAIR…
- Procedurally Generated Skill Tree - Mold your character using the unique, procedurally-generated "Shastra" tree (with over 80 skills!) for near-infinite replayability.
- Randomly Generated Levels - Rampage through the "Pancha Dvora" - 5 randomly generated fortresses, each with its particular aesthetics, enemies, and challenges
- Unlock New Demon Characters - Unlock 3 different Demon variants with unique alignments to each of the core Shastras. Maximize the return on your choices to surpass your previous personal best.
- Unique Weapons & Armour - Find epic loot with each play through and adapt your play to make the most of what you’ve scavenged from the corpses of your enemies.
- Enemies Inspired by Indian myths - Battle hordes of enemies, each with their unique characteristics and abilities, inspired from Indian Mythos!
- Indian Inspired Lore - Immerse yourself in a fantasy setting based on Indian mythology and discover a whole new take on the battle between good and evil
- Perma-Death - When you die, you start all over again from the very beginning with a new skill tree.
- Vengeance Mode - Introducing an endless mode with a brand new level wherein you resist the invading hordes of the Daeva empire. Eliminate as many waves of enemies as possible and compete on the leaderboard with your friends.
- Chakra System - A new persistent system wherein defeating the bosses will unlock unique perks which can be equipped during battle.
- Mahasura Difficulty - A new difficulty mode for the hardcore who are looking for a challenge. In Mahasura Difficulty, any enemy, boss or champion can spawn regardless of the fortress. Oh yes! Your weapon will get destroyed when you get burnt.
- Shamshan - Save your Asura at Shamshan ( Crypt ) and show off the epic gear and ultimate skills you acquired during your invasion.
- New Items - New artifacts and drops items have been added to the roster and will drop to boost your stats while in combat.
- New Rooms - Sacrifice your blood in the goblet of Amrut for rewards or test your luck at the dice game called Passa. New rooms have been introduced to the procedural fortresses (levels) in the game.