You hear rumours something terrible will happen soon aboard the station, and it's up to you to stop being a disposable nobody before it's too late!
You can do this by interacting (through Spacebook!) with randomly-generated, AI-driven characters with their own unique personalities, trying to win friends and influence station citizens. Or, you can focus on what skills you need to climb the fairly-extensive career tree. Or, save up your KarmaCreds. Or, flirt your way up the station. The choice is yours, and there are different strategies. You just have a limited time in which to do it, otherwise... terrible things will happen. You are a Redshirt, after all!
- Satirical, tongue-in-cheek social simulation, filled with humour and political intrigue.
- Detailed character creation: choose from 5 different species, from human to tentacled squid creature!
- Each game is unique: Megalodon-9 is full of procedurally generated AI-driven characters, each with their own random personalities and profile pictures.
- Customise station settings: define the kinds of personalities you'll encounter, from friendly chatterboxes to self-obsessed bigots.
- Update your Spacebook, strategically 'like' statuses, and send private messages to your fellow station citizens.
- Arrange Spacebook 'events' with your friends, frenemies, and even higher-ranking officers, to influence your relationships and skills.
- Multiple routes to success through turn-based gameplay, from skills-based diligence, to romance, to charismatic schmoozing.
- Navigate an extensive, non-linear career tree, by gaining the right skills... or just by making the right friends.
- Make friends and manage romantic relationships -- if you can handle the drama!
- Strategically manage your interests and skills.
- Buy items in the Self-Help Object Purveyor (S.H.O.P.) to increase your stats and skills, from RoboCats to illegal hoverbikes!
- Away missions!
- Humorous parody of social networking culture.
- Puns! So many puns.