You play a pre-historic caveman, your ultimate objective... to survive! Explore a massive seamless open world, forage for food, hunt animals, and use the complex, realistic crafting system to build new, better and stronger items. Work together with other players to form a community, form a village, and to cooperate and grow as a group! Vantage is a game I have been working on for many years now, and it is the game I have always wanted to play. Since it didn't exist, I decided to create it! So I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy creating it!
- Realistic and complex crafting system - Vantage has a in-depth, well researched crafting system using the actual items you need to craft items in the real world. For example, if you wish to build a fire using a hand drill, you need to find the right stick to use as a spindle, create a piece of hearth wood, and forage for some tinder. Then if you are skillful enough, you can make your fire!
- Hardcore survival / player customization - Make sure you forage for that food or grow some crops, for when you die, your character is gone! But don't despair, when your characters die they earn "player points" you can use to re-customize you next character by buying starting items and boosting your starting skills so you can try anew!
- Skill-based character progression with many professions - You can try to specialize in one of the many professions, or try to master them all! Some examples are hunting, fishing, leatherworking and farming. You can also become a master bone, wood, or stone maker to help other people's professions along. Work together with other players to make items faster and stronger.
- Interact with every item in the world - No more playing a game where trees and rocks are just fancy artwork! You can harvest wood from every tree, and pick up every rock you see!
- Custom game engine creating massive seamless randomly generated worlds - The game uses a custom 3D game engine I created called VantEdit. It generates and renders massively sized worlds of any size I choose, and you get to explore them. Walk in a single direction and you will circumnavigate the globe with no loading screens.