After an accident the protagonist wakes up outside a mysterious lodge: inside the Hero Lodge they are tasked with protecting the land, with the promise of redemption for those who do a good job.
- Embark on missions spanning 5 separate campaigns (and if so desired, 5 NG+ versions of those campaigns with altered and more challenging enemies).
- Equip heroes from a wide array of weapons and accessories to be strong enough to face your foes. Optional crafting systems help you to create new weapons and accessories.
- Level heroes up to increase their Strength, Agility, Faith, or Magic. Different heroes and weapons scale with different statistics. There is a level cap to help maintain balanced game play and prevent the need for excessive grinding.
- Enemies will behave in learnable ways: figure out how to avoid or mitigate their skills and attacks. Some enemies will just try to attack whatever is closest, some will focus on whomever has dealt them the most damage, and so on.
- Create your party from a pool of up to 25 unique heroes that each have unique skills. You'll unlock more heroes as you increase your team rank.
- Your choices matter: as you play through the game you'll be given several choices that will effect things yet to come including influencing what ending you get.
- Battle against 50 unique enemies. View detailed stats and descriptions for the enemies you've battled in the Bestiary.