“Shio” isn’t your typical platformer. Floating lanterns aren’t just decorations – their purpose is to help you explore the world of “Shio”. Jumping from lantern to lantern should be easy, no? Wrong. You’ll need to harness the best of your wits and dexterity to navigate through this world.
Who is the man under the mask? What is he doing in this world? What is he seeking? There are many questions, but only one way to find the answers. To truly understand this world, you must not simply follow the obvious path which lies before you. Try to find hidden rooms and discover this masked man’s past.
- Original side-scrolling platform game: Jumping from lantern to lantern has never been more challenging. The only enemy in “Shio” is the environment, and it’s out to stop you at any cost.
- Meaningful game environments: The game is divided into four chapters, each with its own mood and weather. Weather greatly affects the challenges that you will face.
- All kinds of traps: You will find many various traps and obstacles along your path. The key is to learn how each one works and to be familiar with them enough to successfully explore the world.
- Background music: What’s a game without music? Music is front and center in “Shio” with original music composed individually for each chapter.
- Sad and mysterious story: The main engine which drives you to continue challenging yourself and overcome obstacles in the world of “Shio” is the story of the masked man. Nobody knowns exactly what happened to him and why he insists on keeping silent.