The RPG Maker Series' Newest Offering: RPG Maker MZ
RPG Maker has a long history of letting anyone, regardless of skill level, make a game. And in Summer 2020, the latest and most powerful version, RPG Maker MZ will be available to help you make YOUR game. With new features and enhancements to older features, this RPG Maker is set to become the best RPG Maker to date!
- Map Editor - the Layer Function, Map Trees can be rearranged, improved Image Save Function
- Character Generator - adjust component positioning, add new color palettes
- A Trove of Assets Included - from face graphics, character sprites, to map chips, character generator components, music, and sound effects, and more, RPG Maker MZ boasts the largest collection of assets out of the box than any RPG Maker in the series history!
- Database - the database is where the heart of your RPG Maker game resides. Here you store the information defining your characters, their skills, equipment, classes, but also their foes! Also in the database will be where you define many things about your game, like the names of stats, what conditions your characters can be afflicted with, battle animations, and more.
- Events - More Powerful and Extensive Event Commands! Preview Added for Movement Route Settings! the Event system covers all the many NPCs, treasure chests, puzzles and everything else your players will interact with in your game. Using a simple system of menus, you can create a complex series of events that will drive your game to its conclusion. All with no programming knowledge required!
- Animation - With RPG Maker MZ, our Animations function has been completely revamped. Easily create huge fireballs, dynamic sword slashes, or freezing winds for your characters to unleash… and suffer. We have now included support for particle effects using Effekseer*, an open source particle effect creation tool! With this new feature, you can create magnificent 2D and 3D animations without having to use clunky spritesheets, making it infinitely easier to make extremely dynamic battle animations!
- Plug-ins - it's now possible to select a plug-in name and command name from a pull-down menu rather than having to enter it from text. Additionally, you can easily pass parameters to the Plugin Command requires with a simple menu system.
- Playing a Game - Auto-save Function added: Auto-save and separate auto-save slots have been added to the default functionality of the Engine! This option can be turned on and off in the Editor for your game. Better UI For Mouse and Touchscreeens The UI has been completely revamped to more comfortable and more intuitive for mouse and touchscreen control!