Undermine the enemy’s will to resist through diplomacy and political intrigue while mobilizing your forces and developing new technologies and ways of waging war. From the Tank to the Aeroplane, the Submarine to the Aircraft Carrier, this war witnessed a massive outpouring of new weapons, and all of these are at your disposal to research and deploy.
Three campaigns: 1914 Call to Arms, 1914 Triple Alliance (where Italy joins the Central Powers) and 1917 Fate of Nations.
Friendly Majors can be set to be AI-controlled, and this selection can be adjusted at any time in the game. You can even switch sides should you wish to games can be played via a PBEM++ Multiplayer server with a Challenge Lobby and seamless in game sending/receiving of turns
- This is our first WWI game using hexes.
- France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, the UK and the USA will be facing off against Germany, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire in our flagship campaign.
- Many other countries will likely enter the war on either side, such as Belgium, Greece, Portugal and Romania. Not forgetting of course the immense contribution of the British Empire to the Entente’s war effort.
- New unit types have been added including ANZACs, Mountain Corps and Ground Attack Aircraft.
- New movement and entrenchment ability that ties into our Dynamic Movement model. This allows players to have more effective assaults into no man's land when it is time to go on the offensive.
- Naval Mines can be laid to protect your sea lanes – or to impede those of your opponent.
- Germany’s use of Unrestricted Naval Warfare has been fully overhauled.
- Reconnaissance Bombers will fulfil their historic role of spotting for the Artillery.