- Unique moral and sanity systems that influence you and the world.
- Branching storyline with 30 possible outcomes.
- Multiple paths and solutions to reach your goal.
- A living lore with its own evolving timeline, characters, and social structure.
Sand is the Soul is an adventure game mixed with combat and RPG elements. Venture through the decaying Victorian post-punk autonomy of Crosshill. Fulfill your mission as a diplomatic messenger with a Depeche of utmost importance... or not.
The choice is yours
- You can choose to go AWOL, take part in a coup d'etat, be a junkie addicted to the Sand, get killed by an angry lover, screw everyone and overthrow the ruler and become a despot, and much, much more...
- Your actions will define your tale so choose wisely, for at no point will the game judge your actions. Depending on the ending you achieve, you will be rewarded with cheats you can use in the New Game+ mode.
Prepare for the challenge
- Sand is the Soul is made entirely by one person so it's important to keep your expectations realistic. I put a lot of hard work and effort into making the game the way it is and I’m fully aware that it’s not for everyone.
- Sand is the Soul isn't a mindless button masher, nor is it a casual, basic side-scroller. The game offers many features but they are seldom highlighted. You have the freedom to explore and experiment with the world. Be patient, be curious, be ambitious and you will be rewarded.
Artful audiovisual composition
- The game has a very specific graphic style. With its trippy backgrounds and stark contrasts, there is no denying the visuals are an acquired taste. Check out the screenshots: do you like what you see?
- In addition, Sand is the Soul has a dedicated soundtrack made to fit what is happening on-screen, so in many cases, the music changes dynamically.