Eight playable characters stories intertwine when three characters enter Final Layer and two vanish without a trace. One returns from Final Layer but claims to not remember what happened. Who do you trust? Who is telling the truth and who is lying? Who is a friend and who is a foe?
- Strategic turn-based combat involving balance.
- Battles happen on the same field as movement, with no switching screens when combat starts.
- Affliction and buff system, for example, players cannot run away if they have stuck affliction.
- Double and triple Jin techs allow party members to combine attacks with each other to form stronger attacks.
- Traps can be set in combat for strategic purposes such as delaying an attack for later.
- There is more than one ending.
- The foe or foes can change.
- Every step of the way has at least one clue to guide the player.
- Hint system to guide players to the next destination.
- One can ignore hints and clues to explore.
- A reward is provided at the end for correctly deducing the friend(s) and foe(s).
- Your time is respected, save the game anywhere and anytime when not in battle or a cutscene.
- The entire game can be beaten without grinding.
- There is romance.
- The story is not told in sequential order.