In Beacon you play as interstellar mercenary Freja Akiyama, stuck in an endless search for her distress beacon after crash landing onto an unknown planet. With your Clone Bay stuck in an automatic printing cycle, death is only a minor setback. Each life you’ll not only scavenge for weapons and items to help you; you’ll also be collecting DNA from the enemies you defeat. After your inevitable death you’re given the opportunity to alter your genome, allowing you to change your statistics and gain gameplay-altering physical mutations for your next clone's life.
In the search for your Beacon, new questions arise; just how many clones of Freja are there? How long has she been stuck in an infinite cycle of survival? How much of her humanity will be sacrificed before escaping?
- 6 Randomly Generated Levels -- Enter at the outer forest, fight your way through the tropical swamps, and push through the pollution to the cryptic Omega Vault where your Beacon is being held.
- A Rich Multi-Faction World to Scavenge -- Enter at the Kovus Outlands, fight your way through the Overgrown Spires, and push through the pollution to the cryptic Omega Vault where your Beacon is being held. Collect mementos to discover the mysteries behind the 5 Factions on Kovus-18, find Tinkered Weapon Variants left behind by previous clones, and track your secrets discovered at the end of each level.
- 100+ Mutations and 5 DNA Types -- Collect DNA from deceased enemies and alter your statistics after death. Gain new abilities with each new clone and alter your character into something not quite human.
- 300+ Items Spread Across 5 Item Types -- Find your favorite arsenal from unique technologies spread across the various factions. Regain an advantage with one time use Pickups, activate your reusable Auxiliary, swap your Grenade Mod, stock up on Passive Mods, and choose your 2 favorite Weapons.
- 100+ Enemies with Champion Variants -- The varied factions that inhabit Kovus-18 will fight each other as well as you, including hybrid Minibosses that mix together the abilities of multiple factions.
- 15+ Boss Fights -- Face off against the ultimate lifeforms of each faction including the Solus Hivemind, Prism Mainframe, and Tritoraptor Matriarch.